1) A large majority of the sample group (78%) support the construction of a new arena, but only a small percentage (26%) support using public funds for such project.
2) A larger percentage (43%) blame coach Hill for the recent incident with Francis as compared to 39% who blame Francis for it. That is still within the margin of error.
3) Although a large percentage (64%) agree with Francis’s suspension, only a small percentage (29%) believes that he should be traded.
4) Only 21% (1 out of 5) have a positive view of the current ownership of the Magic.
5) As for the possibility of the team remaining in town, a larger percentage has a positive view (47% to 44%). However, that remains within the margin of error.
You will find the full results as follows. As I was not able to import a nested table from either Excel or Word, I had to settle for a straight table hoping that in final posting it would still look decent.
Do you agree with building a new basketball arena? Yes 78% No 11% Not Sure 11%
Do you support using public funds to build the arena? Yes 26% No 59% Not Sure 15%
Do you blame Francis for recent incident? Yes 39% No 46% Not Sure 15%
Do you blame coach Hill for the incident? Yes 43% No 16% Not Sure 41%
Do you think Francis's suspension was right? Yes 64% No 18% Not Sure 16%
Do you think Francis should be traded? Yes 29% No 59% Not Sure 12%
Do you have a positive view of Magic's ownership? Yes 21% No 61% Not Sure 18%
Do you agree with Magic's damage control e-mail? Yes 32% No 58% Not Sure 10%
Do you think the team will remain in town? Yes 47% No 44% Not Sure 9%
date: Jan 13 - 14, 2006
Sample: 120, Responses received 104
Margin of Error: ± 4
Sample group is balanced based on socio-economic factors.