Orlando Magic Blog

Group Blog talking about the NBA 2009 Eastern Conference Champions. Due to the amazing success of the 2009 playoff run comments are now frequently deleted to kill offensive comments, incoherence, or asininity. Comments can no longer be anonymous and require either a Blogger or OpenID account.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Cable TV Fiasco Continues ...

The fiasco, that I may rightfully call Bright House Scheme, continues. All three involved parties ought to be blamed:

1 - They had 4 months to resolve the issue, and Alex Martins started applying some pressure only recently. Instead of giving the whole package to Sun Sports, the Magic signed with its sister company FSN for a presumably larger contract.
2 - Bright House is working only on greed trying to squeeze a few more bucks out of the subscribers.
3 - FSN wants the games on basic cable - like its sister company SUN Sports - so that the viewing would be broader, and the advertising contracts more lucrative.

In this hazy environment, I put the blame on all three in the following order: Bright House, Magic and lastly FSN, just because their proposed plan favors consumers, as well.

Bright House claims that they would listen to their subscribers. Don't they pay any attention to what is happening online? They are risking the loss of tens of thousands of their subscribers. They have been the best advertisers for satellite TV. in the process they will lose their telephone contracts, as well. What else do they need to come to their senses?

Make a deal fools, and make it today.

7 Comments:

  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger WeRDevos said…

    I love my DirecTV DVR-HD system. The game looked great last night, and Sun Sports is promising about 20 HD broadcasts of Magic games this year.

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Ken said…

    I was fortunate to catch the first game of the season last night. My sister had her Direct Tv installed and Dimhose disconnected by game time. Screw Brighthouse

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger Mike from Illinois said…

    This has to be settled sometime soon; I can't imagine this stalemate going on much longer, as it's not benefitting any of the parties involved, and it's sure not benefitting all the Magic fans who don't have DirecTV.

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger Matt said…

    We can't just pretend that cable doesn't exist. Their Internet service is a bit faster than DSL (although not by much), and they offer a good digital phone service with unlimited calls to Canada, which keeps my mother-in-law happy and off my back. Regardless, I am amazed by the extent of stupidity by Bright House. I guess nowadays for female executives to show that they are as tough as men are, they tend to show that they are more pigheaded than men, as well.

     
  • At 3:26 AM, Blogger OVERWADED said…

    You know, when this topic first came up, I didn't realize that they were not going to offer the channel at all. I thought it was going to be offered, just in the sports pack for a few extra dollars.

    Now that I've learned there is no offer at all, I'm outraged. I don't even have cable anymore. Luckily, I canceled mine after last season. I got sick of dropping 200 bucks of month of all of my services with them.

    Currently, my phone is with vonage, which I like more than Bright Houses digital phone, and it's cheaper.

    I signed up with Dish, and I'm getting a hell of a lot more channels, DVR options in more rooms, movie channels, more HD channels, and still at a lower price.

    Unfortunately, I still have Bright House for Road Runner, because I'm not a fan of DSL. I used to sell DSL, and I pretty I pretty much think it sucks.

    Regardless, this issue needs to be settled. It's a crime for the local fans of Orlando not to be able to watch the Magic. Now, I know I have satellite, but only 25% of the people in this area have satellite in comparison to cable.

    BRIGHT HOUSE SUCKS.

    GET THE PROBLEM FIXED, IT'S RIDICULOUS!

     
  • At 8:45 PM, Blogger Check Man said…

    This sucks, it's like pissing on the fans'.
    I live on the gulfcoast and we arent even getting the games and comcast is wrongly accusing the nba for blacking out the games. FSN says the companies have to sign an agreement to carry the games. Try to discuss the situation with comcast and the techs are clueless and try to sell you the nba package.
    Magic, FSN, Sun, and Comcast are ridiculous.

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I also cancelled Brighthouse and went to Direct TV. Why pay $$$ and still not be able to watch what you want???

    Direct TV has FSN AND NFL Network...it's a no brainer.

    Once Verizon Fios moves in, with their $99 bundle for TV, Phone and Internet,that big sucking sound you hear will be Brighthouse drying up and blowing away.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home