Orlando Magic Blog

Group Blog talking about the NBA 2009 Eastern Conference Champions. Due to the amazing success of the 2009 playoff run comments are now frequently deleted to kill offensive comments, incoherence, or asininity. Comments can no longer be anonymous and require either a Blogger or OpenID account.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Quote of the Day

Orlando Magic's Bogans on the rebound -- OrlandoSentinel.com:
"'I want to be coached. And [Stan] doesn't let you take a day off. If he sees your potential, he works you hard,' Bogans said. 'Last year I didn't get coached at all. It makes a difference. This year you make a mistake, he lets you know. You do something well, he lets you know. I respond to that.'"
"Last year I didn't get coached at all" I guess that's why a guy like Brian Hill relied so much on old guys like Grant Hill, Tony Battie & Pat Garrity. Hill's "coaching" killed this team last year and took the joy out of covering it. That will definitely change this year.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger Mike from Illinois said…

    A quote like that says it all about Brian Hill and his coaching abilities.

    I'm happy that Bogans apparently will get the starting nod at SG. He's shown this preseason he deserves it.

     
  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger Matt said…

    I am glad that we never eased up on Hill until he was ousted.

    Keith Bogans was a consistent player, last year as well. he was a solid defender and a steady shooter. Why Hill benched him towards the end of the year is beyond me. All I can say is that I never understood Hill's logic for any thing that he did.

     
  • At 4:35 AM, Blogger OVERWADED said…

    I'm 100% with you guys, and I'm always happy when I hear anything referencing the major difference between the coaching from last season to this season.

    The change is unbelievable. Brian Hill was beyond mediocre, and I've learned that much just within a preseason.

    All praise Stan the Man!

     
  • At 4:40 AM, Blogger Ken said…

    I will never forgive that mental midget for what he did to this team last year.

     
  • At 7:51 AM, Blogger WeRDevos said…

    It was written up in USA Today as well with more of the quote:

    "I took that as, 'Hey, I want to be coached,' because last year I didn't get coached at all," Bogans said. "(Last season) I made a mistake, I came out and nothing was explained to me at all. This year, they're taking the time with me and letting me know when I make a mistake. That makes a big difference as opposed to a coach taking you out and just sitting there frowning. I don't respond well to that. I've always played for coaches who coached me."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home