Orlando Magic Blog

Group Blog talking about the NBA 2009 Eastern Conference Champions. Due to the amazing success of the 2009 playoff run comments are now frequently deleted to kill offensive comments, incoherence, or asininity. Comments can no longer be anonymous and require either a Blogger or OpenID account.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Dwight Howard blogs about Team USA practices

NBA.com: USA Basketball Player Blogs - July 20

So far camp is going great for me. I’m having a lot of fun playing with all these older guys, getting accustomed to playing with guys like LeBron and Carmelo, pretty much just being out here and being part of the team

...the toughest part, finding out where I fit in. We have a lot of scorers, and even though I’ve been working on my offensive game a lot this summer, I think that my role for this team will be rebounding. They’ve had me matching up a lot against Elton Brand. He’s an old school player who knows all the tricks. It’s been awesome seeing how these other guys play and do different things.

After a few more practices we’ll be ready and looking forward to competing against other competition. So far we’ve only had one real scrimmage game and we really played hard against each other. If we play hard like this against each other, we’ll be ready to play anybody.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Mike from Illinois said…

    This will obviously be a great experience for Dwight, going up against all those other great players and learning more things to improve his game. I agree, his main role on the team will be defense and rebounding.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home