What's new with the Magic so far in training camp
- Hedo Turkoglu and Courtney Lee have both seen time at point guard in scrimmages to add depth to the position. Turk can handle the ball well, and the coaching staff feels that Lee can give opposing PGs trouble because of his length, even though Lee was a shooting guard in college and will play most of the time at SG with the Magic.
- J.J. Redick has reported to camp in terrific shape with a good attitude about his uncertain situation. He has added muscle to his frame, feels that he is in the best shape of his life, and is ready to fight for a role on the Magic.
- Dwight Howard is working on a midrange jumper to add to his offensive game, with help from assistant coach Patrick Ewing. I hope that Howard continues to work on his free throw shooting especially.
- Mickael Pietrus made a couple of outstanding defensive plays in the first scrimmage, but he also has committed a lot of fouls. Coach Van Gundy wants Pietrus to be a defensive stopper while guarding the top shooting guards and small forwards in the league.
- I'm sure everyone has seen the new Magic uniforms by now... I think they look pretty cool!