Orlando Magic Blog

Group Blog talking about the NBA 2009 Eastern Conference Champions. Due to the amazing success of the 2009 playoff run comments are now frequently deleted to kill offensive comments, incoherence, or asininity. Comments can no longer be anonymous and require either a Blogger or OpenID account.

Thursday, February 05, 2009

And the News Gets Worse!

Magic trade hard working veteran Bogans for nonathletic, slow, short Tyronn Lue. Lue was last here in Orlando as a starter in 2003-04 leading the Magic to a memorable 20-62 record by appearing in 76 games (69 as a starter.)

Nelson's injury has now moved from tradegy to farce. And Otis Smith has now moved from doing a good job to a horrible one in a mere 72 hours. What a disaster.

MAGIC: ORLANDO ACQUIRES TYRONN LUE FROM MILWAUKEE

I googled our site, and here is what I had to say about Lue September 19, 2006:

(Let me take a moment to comment on Tyronn Lue. I blame him personally for the Magic falling apart 3 years ago. He sucks. Slow, un-athletic and no discernable playmaking skills absolutely killed the Magic and tore the heart out of T-Mac. Every time I see Lue play I think of how awful a GM John Gabriel was. And yes, he looks like he belongs in the WNBA.)
Fuck You Otis.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Disagree completely. This is a decent trade, both for value (swapping two second-tier players) and need (we don't need Bogans but desperately need a PG).

    We could have gained more by giving up more, but that wouldn't have necessarily helped.

    I disagree with some of Otis's move, but here he made a reasonable move under difficult circumstances.

     
  • At 8:52 PM, Blogger Mike from Illinois said…

    I agree with "Anonymous" and made a new blog post going into more details about my opinion.

     
  • At 12:02 AM, Blogger Matt said…

    You gotta be kidding me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home